Thursday 18 October 2012

So who am I?

G'day, 

I'm Lachie and I'm the fish that can run. 

A bit about me...

I'm a runner by morning, teacher by day and the last part of the day I enjoy most as I get to be dad. 

I live in Melbourne, Australia

Just on 5 years ago I was at a bucks night and all the boys were talking gym routines. I sat back and thought, "I've done a bit of walking, but not a whole lot for the last ten years." Then it dawned on me, "there's the gym at school!" 

My first little angel had been born and I wanted to be that dad that could do stuff with the kids. 

So, with a short row, ride and run routine I gradually became a runner. Now I run two - three mornings a week and a few new event entries see me out on the streets and the trail on the weekend if I can. 

In 2011 I ran the Great Race - 13.3 kms against the legendary steam train, Puffing Billy and then the RunMelbourne Half. (1:41ish)

in 2012 I ran the 4 Bridges 5km in Geelong, the Mothers Day Classic 8km in Geelong and the RunMelbourne Half (1:36:23)

Since August 2012 I've veered down the natural/minimalist running trail and can really say that I'm running better and faster than ever before. 

So, what'll be on here? I'll be posting my training at times, race and event info - and results! I'll also post the odd review of my new gear as it arrives.

My current shoes (and loving them) are the Inov-8 Road X 233, X - Lite 155, Bare X-Lite 150 and the awesome Trailroc 235.

If all goes well, I may be able to meet a few readers for a weekend run in the Yarra Valley, up in the Dandenong Ranges or for an early morning training run in Kew. 

The Good Stuff...

For the remainder of 2013 I've got the Salomon Trail Series, I'm heading back to Marysville to try and crack a top three this year,


and the big one...

Jan 14th I'm tackling the Two Bays Trail run - 29 scenic but brutal kms http://www.twobaystrailrun.com/

Well, I'll keep you posted

Cheers, Lachie

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere Lachie! Great times on the races that you've ran. Looking forward to reading your updates for years to come. Satan from www.9run.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stan, I've enjoyed your blog and learned a lot about my running from what you have experienced and written. I reckon Inov-8 should sponsor the two of of :)

      Delete
    2. The two of us :) Love the typos!

      Delete
    3. I fully agree re: Inov-8 sponsorship :)

      Delete